In this course you will learn how to make an interlined curtain by creating a small sample of a curtain. Interlining is added to a curtain to help prevent drafts. It makes the curtain a lot heavier in weight and it can also be used to give a thin fabric such as silk a luxurious look.
The course will show you the techniques used when making a curtain using pencil pleat heading tape and attaching the interlining between your main fabric and your lining. You will need to know how to use a sewing machine.
For this course you will need to provide the following materials:-
- Sewing machine in full working order with its instruction manual and all of its sewing machine feet.
- A basic sewing kit to include dressmaking scissors, unpicker, bright coloured polycotton thread, pins, spare sewing machine needles, hand sewing needles, tailors chalk.
- Notepad and pen to make notes
- 1 metre of curtain fabric
- 1 metre of curtain lining
- 1 metre of synthetic interlining
- 1 ½ metre of 3 inch pencil pleat heading tape
Duration: 2 ½ hours
Date: To be arranged
Time: 6.30pm – 9.00pm
Min: 4 people Max: 6 people
If you are interested in this class why not have a look at some of our other curtain making classes,
To register your interest please telephone 01308 456844 or print this Application Formto send with your payment.