Appliqué describes the process used when cutting out a shapes and attaching them to fabrics to create a decorative detail or picture. Appliqué is a great way to add interest to a cushion, quilt or item of clothing.
For this course you will need to be competent in using a sewing machine.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Draw the shape you would like to attach to your fabric
- Cutting out your shape
- How to use fusaweb
- How to iron and attach to your fabric using machine sewing
- Stitches that can be used to add decoration
For this course you will need the following
- Basic sewing kit to include dressmaking scissors, unpicker, bright coloured polycotton thread, pins, spare sewing machine needles, hand sewing needles, tailors chalk
- Pen and paper
- A few shapes you would like use .i.e. Flower, butterfly, tractor
- A piece of card to cut your shapes from and draw around: an old cereal box will do
- ½ metre of plain 100% cotton in a colour of your choice
- 2 patterned fat quarters
- Thread to match your materials
- ½ metre lightweight fusaweb or bondaweb
- ½ metre medium weight interfacing
Duration: 2 ½ hours
Date: Dates to be arranged
Time: 6pm – 8.30pm
Tutor: Lynn Horniblow
Min: 4 people Max: 8 people
To register your interest please telephone 01308 456844 or print this Application form to send with your payment.