Cushions come in many different colours, shapes and sizes and are a great decorative addition to a room.
This course is the follow on course from How to Make a Simple Cushion. In this course you will look at different styles of cushions in more detail e.g. piped, frilled, different shapes. By the end of the course you will have a cushion that you can take home with you.
This course will cover the following:
- Different cushion styles
- How to fit a zip
- How to make piping
Things to bring to the class:
- Sewing machine to the class in full working order with the instruction manual and all of its sewing machine feet
- Basic sewing kit to include dressmaking scissors, unpicker, pins, spare sewing machine needles, hand sewing needles, tailors chalk, tape measure, ruler
- Notepad and pen to make notes
- 16 inch square cushion pad
- 14″ closed end zip
- 1.7 metres No4 piping cord
- 1 metre of main fabric
- 1/2 metre contrast fabric to use for the piping
- 1 x polyester thread to match your main fabric and 1 x polyester thread to match your piping fabric
Duration: 2 1/2 hours
Time: 6.30pm – 9.00pm
Tutor: Lynn Horniblow
Min: 4 people Max: 8 people
Comments from previous attendees:
“Brilliant, six hours ago I couldn’t use a sewing machine! Now I have made two cushions!”
“Great teacher in Lynn, very supportive and helpful.”
“Very happy – carry on with the courses!”
“Lynn is really knowledgeable”
If you are interested in this class why no have a look at our other cushion classes
Why not add your name to our course mailing list.
To register your interest please telephone 01308 456844 or print this Application Form to send.