Cushions come in many different colours, shapes and sizes and are a great decorative addition to a room.
This course is for complete beginners. You will make a simple envelope cushion to take home with you at the end of the course. You will have the opportunity to decorate and embellish your cushion to make it unique.
This course will cover the following:
- Common sizes of cushions
- Estimating fabric required
- Drawing and cutting out your cushion pattern
- Sewing it together
Things to bring to the class:
- Sewing machine to the class in full working order with instruction manual and all of its sewing machine feet
- Basic sewing kit to include dressmaking scissors, unpicker, bright coloured polycotton thread, pins, spare sewing machine needles, hand sewing needles, tailors chalk
- Notepad and pen to make notes
- 16″ inch cushion pad
- 1/2 metre of fabric to make your cushion from
Duration: 2 1/2 hours
Time: 6pm – 8.30pm
Tutor: Lynn Horniblow
Min: 4 people Max: 8 people
Comments from previous attendees:
“Very pleased with the cushion I made!”
“Great course, very pleased with support and the outcome!”
“Learned lots of good tips on cutting of fabric etc.”
“Really enjoyed and found it helpful, will definitely make more! and loved the piping effect stitch.”
“Excellent course and lovely to go home with a finished product.”
If you are intrested in this class why not have a look at some of our other cushion classses
How to make a boxed cushion
Why not add your name to our course mailing list.
To register your interest please telephone 01308 456844 or print this Application Form to send.