Patchwork is created by cutting and joining different fabrics together to create unique and colourful designs.
For this course you will need to know how to use a sewing machine.
This course teaches the basic techniques used to create patchwork using a sewing machine. By the end of the course you will have a small sample of patchwork to take home with you.
For this course you will need to provide the following.
- Sewing machine in full working order with instruction manual and all of its sewing machine feet.
- Basic sewing kit to include: dressmaking scissors, unpicker, pins, spare sewing machine needles, hand sewing needles, tailors chalk and a tape measure, ruler
- Pure cotton thread to coordinate with your fabrics
- 3 – 4 different patterned cotton fat quarters
- Notepad and pen to make notes
If you have a rotary blade cutter and cutting mat, you are welcome to bring it along, but it is not essential to have.
Duration: 2 1/2 hours
Date: Dates to be arranged
Time: 6.30pm – 9.00pm
Tutor: Lynn Horniblow
Min: 4 people Max: 8 people
To book, or check if places are available, please telephone 01308 456844 or print this Application form to send with your payment. Your place will be secured on receipt of payment.