Would you like to experiment with textures, colours, fabrics and threads? Why not try your hand at machine embroidery. There are many techniques and fabrics that can be used to create your own unique designs and artwork. For this course you will need to know how to use a sewing machine.
In this course you will learn to use bondaweb, how to create textures by layering materials, and how to draw using a sewing machine.
For this course you will need to provide the following:
- Sewing machine in full working order with instruction manual and all of its sewing machine feet.
- Basic sewing kit to include: dressmaking scissors, unpicker, pins, spare sewing machine needles, hand sewing needles, tailors chalk and a tape measure
- A range of coloured sewing threads to include silk threads & metallic threads
- Scraps of different coloured and textured fabrics
- 1/2 metre of felt
- 1/2 metre of sheer fabric
- 1/2 metre of 100% cotton coloured fabric
- 1/2 metre of bondaweb
Duration: 2 evenings
Date: Dates to be arranged
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Tutor: Lynn Horniblow
Min: 4 people Max: 8 people
To book please telephone 01308 456844 or print this Application Form to send with your payment.